We're excited to announce the 2017 Peach Recipe Contest results. This year's contest was sponsored by Lowe's Foods of Lexington! We appreciate their support in the community!
1st Place - Sarah Finch
Mama Finch's Peach Trifle
Ingredients for Peach Mixture
12 Peaches (not too hard, not too soft)
2 cups granulated sugar
3 tbs 100% pure maple syrup
Ingredients for Angel Food Cake
2 boxes Angel Food Cake Mix
Ingredients for Mascarpone Frosting
5 cups heavy cream
40 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
Start off by following the directions on the Angel Food Cake box.
Place cake in over per directions on box. Then, peel all 12 peaches. Julienne the peeled peaches.
Place julienned peaches into large mixing bowl. Add sugar and fold sugar into the peaches until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled.
Once the Angel Food Cake is finished cooking and has cooled, remove cake from the pan and cut into 1" squares.
Make the Mascarpone Frosting
Use hand or stand mixer and whisk the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, whisk mascarpone and confectioners sugar until smooth. Gently fold mascarpone mixture with cream until fully incorporated.
Assemble the Trifle in trifle bowl by alternating layers of Mascarpone frosting, Angle Food Cake, and Julienned Peaches until dish is full. Top with Angel Food Squares.
2nd Place - Denise Birt
Berry Peachy Patriotic Icebox Cake
19 oz. box graham crackers
8 oz. block cream cheese, softened
2 (3.4 oz.) packages cheesecake instant pudding
2 1/2 cups cold milk
12 oz. cool whip
4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and cubed
fresh strawberries, sliced (for garnish)
fresh blueberries (for garnish)
- Beat cream cheese and dry pudding mix in large bowl with hand mixer until blended.
- Gradually beat in milk.
- Gently stir in cool whip, reserving 1/2 cup
- Spread a thin layer of cool whip in a 9x13" baking dish just to coat the bottom.
- Layer 5 graham crackers across the center of the pan, then 2 more, breaking them as needed to fit around the top and bottom edges.
- Spread a layer of pudding mixture over the graham crackers and top with a layer of peaches.
- Place graham crackers on top of peaches, then pudding mixture, then layer of peaches again.
- Repeat the graham-pudding-peaches layers 1 more time (3 times total) to reach the top of the dish.
- Place the blueberries in the top left corner, and the strawberries to form stripes to look like the United States Flag.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until the graham crackers have softened completely.