Volunteer at the Festival
Held in Gilbert, SC, the Lexington County Peach Festival is organized and lead 100% by community volunteers. With an estimated 35,000+ people attending, we rely on a strong base of incredible people to make each event a success. We need your help!
Held in Gilbert, SC, the Lexington County Peach Festival is organized and lead 100% by community volunteers. What started as a community BBQ in 1958 has transformed into an event bigger than the town itself. With an estimated 35,000+ people attending, we rely on a strong base of incredible volunteers.
Ways to volunteer:
- Peach Pageants (before festival, 1-2 weeks out)
- Peach Peelings (before festival, 1-2 weeks out)
- Event Set Up (1-3 days before)
- Festival Day (many opportunities between 7am-10pm)
- Event Break Down (day after)
- Festival Planning (now!)
- Food provided for all registered volunteers on event day.
- Success Banquet BBQ for volunteers in the weeks following the festival.
- Helping make your community event a huge success!
Financial Aid for Students
The Gilbert Community Club provides a $350 college scholarship to Lexington County students who give their time to the Lexington County Peach Festival. A student must volunteer at minimum six (6) hours for at least 3 peach festival events before high school graduation to qualify.
If you are a student and would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please register on the form below.
If you've volunteered in the past, and understand the volunteering process, you still need to register. Your committee coordinator will be in touch.
If you're new to the festival in 2018, register and indicate where you'd like to lend a hand. We'll be in touch!