Patriotic & Peachy Parade
Register for the Peachy and Patriotic Parade at the Lexington County Peach Festival. Find tips for a great parade entry and more!
Peachy & Patriotic Parade Registration
Welcome to the Peach Parade registration page! Please review the tips for a great parade entry below before submitting your parade application! Remember, we are celebrating our 60th year in 2018! Help us put on a memorable parade!
Tips for a Great Parade Entry
When considering your parade entry, keep in mind you are helping put on an amazing show! More 30,000 people attend our event every year -- and a large portion of our guests come for the parade! Entries may be historical, humorous, or modern in design, so long as they are in good taste. Those planning entries should remember that this is a family event that a large part of the audience will be children.
Consider the following:
- Create visual interest!
- make something larger than life (DIY design Ideas on Pinterest!)
- do something unexpected (let's say... a camel drinking Mountain Dew, or a magician showing off their skills)
- perform in a live act (a garage band performing on a float)
- rent a professionally decorated float to showcase your organization
- line your vehicle with a patriotic and peachy flair
- Don't forget the noise!
- live music from a band or vocalist
- music playing patriotic tunes through large speakers
- It's ok to be generous!
- hand out promotional gifts from your organization (ex. wristbands, bouncy balls, flyers, koozies)
- give out candy during the parade (remember, items can't be thrown from the entry, but can be handed out along the route)
- coupons, flyers, or stickers can also help promote your business
- It's a family event!
- perform courteously
- entries must be in good taste
- safety is priority at all times
Judging & Awards
New this year: All parade entries will be considered for awards! Participants will be reviewed with the following in mind:
- execution of the theme -- Peaches, Patriotism, and Diamonds (for our 60th Anniversary)
- originality of design
- use of color and special effects
- spectator appeal
- and use of peaches, patriotism and diamonds or their likeness.
The judges will make every effort to select winners from registered entrants by 10:00 a.m. Judging will take place between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00a.m. Music/live acts will be judged
throughout the parade.
Awards will be given as follows: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbon for each category and
special ribbons for high point division winners. There are no cash prizes.
Please complete the application form only after reading the Parade Guidelines. By applying to participate in the Patriotic and Peach Parade, you agree to abide by all regulations set by the Lexington County Peach Festival. The deadline to apply is June 20, 2018.