1st Place - Denise Birt
Peachy White Chocolate Delight
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 cup plain flour
1 cup butter, melted
2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese softened
2 (8 oz) containers Cool Whip
2 (6 oz) boxes white chocolate instant pudding
3 1/2 cup whole milk
2 cup powdered sugar
3 cup fresh peaches, peeled and cut into cubes
1/2 of a (14 oz) container peach pie glaze
1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
Sliced peaches for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Start with the crust. Mix the pecans and flour together. Add melted butter and stir until mixed.
- Press into a deep ungreased 9 x 13 pan. (Crust will be thin.)
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Blend the cream cheese and 2 containers of Cool Whip together until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix well. Spoon filling over crust. Spread evenly and refrigerate while you mix the pudding.
- Mix the 2 boxes of pudding with the milk. Spread over cream cheese mixture and return to refrigerator to set.
- Stir the peaches and glaze together. Carefully spoon on top of pudding.
- Next, spread the last container of cool Whip over the peaches.
- Sprinkle toasted pecans over the Cool Whip and garnish with fresh peach slices.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
2nd Place - Clyde Sanders
Peach Mousse Baskets
1/2 cup butter
1 cup of sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup of plain flour
1 1/3 cups of finely chopped pecans
Melt butter in medium saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in sugar and corn syrup. Then stir in nuts and flour. Batter is somewhat thick but pliable. Heat oven to 350degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and drop a heaping Tablespoonful of batter about 6 inches apart. (Bake only 4 at a time.) Spread batter into 3 inch circles. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown. Cook on cookie sheet for 2 minutes until just firm enough to hold their shape. Using a small spatula remove and quickly fold around an upside down small custard cup. Use your hands to shape the basket and make pleats around the edges. Leave on custard cup for about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and store in an airtight container.
2 3 oz. packages of peach Jell-O2 cups boiling water
3 cups sliced peaches]
6 Tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups Lite Cool Whip
Place Jell-O and water in large mixing bowl and stir until dissolved. Puree peaches and stir in honey and almond extract. Add to Jell-O and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until mixture is consistency of a thick syrup. Beat mixture on high speed and then gently fold in shipped topping. Spoon in to individual molds and refrigerate until fluffy set.
Note: Garnish your Mousse baskets with fresh peaches, whipped cream, and mint.